We are passionate about introducing fine
Japanese papers to artists. To that end, in addition
to creating artist
user guides for washi available online,
we have created a space at our warehouse specifically
to showcase these papers and works that have been made
This Artist Resource Centre is open by appointment for printmakers, painters, drawers, sculptors, bookbinders: any artist eager to know more about the special characteristics of quality washi and to select papers appropriate to a particular use.
By Appointment only
Tuesday afternoon 2 to 5pm
Friday morning 10am to 1pm
Individuals are welcome to review the sample and resource books at their leisure. However, staffed consultation time is limited to 20 minutes.
Exceptions can be made by appointment.
Pricing and discounts
Pricing will remain as before with discounts offered for spending limits:
$50.00 = 3%
$100.00 = 7%
$200.00 = 10%
- See full sheets of handmade kozo, gampi and mitsumata papers, both natural and dyed.
- Refer to our library of books and videos on the subject of washi and its application for the artist; look through our vast collection of slides of papermaking and Canadian artists' work with/on washi.
- Meet with a knowledgeable staff person who can answer your questions and help guide you in your selection of paper.
- Examine our many examples of the effective use of washi in our collection of prints (etching, drypoint, chine-collé, litho and relief), drawing and painting, collage and more!
- Bring your drawing or painting mediums to test appropriate papers.
call (416) 538-9669 for an appointment;
please ask for Sigrid or Nancy.